- Location: Latitude 21 – 45 ‘N / Longitude 72 – 14’E
- Chart: Indian Naval Hydrographic Nbrs:
- 203 Gulf of Kutch
- 2018 Approaches to Kandla
- 2059 Kandla Bar and Creek
- Communication : Call Sign VVK (Round the clock)
- For Pilotage, The pilot boards the vessel at Tuna Buoy at teh mouth of the Kandla creek about
22 Kms from signal station, Lat 22-55’N / Log 70-07’ E and Pilot Station Lat 22-49 N / Long
|Positives of Kandla Port Trust.
- Twelve Dry Cargo berths are available with Quay Length of 2532 mtrs.
- Six Oil Jetties.
- Total Custom Bonded Port Area inside the Custom fencing is 253 hectares.
- One deep draught mooring and Four Cargo moorings in the inner Harbour area for stream handling.
- ISPS compliant Port
- All- weather Port 365 days 24 hours.
- Protected and safe harbour.
- 12 berths stretching 2.55kms. in a straight line.
- Facilities for Lighterage Operations and availability of more than 70 Barges at competitive rates.
- Facilities for Liquid Cargo, POL Products, Chemicals and Edible Oil.
- Storage Facility for LPG to the tune of 30,000 cu.m.
- Port with Highest Liquid Storage capacity in the country.
- Excellent Road and Rail Connectivity.
- Higher capacity cranes for Dry Cargo.
- Transparent and notified Tariff.
- 12 metre draught, which is being deepended to 14.0 metres in phases.
- Security by CISF.
– 09 Warf Cranes of the various capacities
– 10 Weighbridges inside the Port
Other Support Equipments
– Easy availability of other support loading equipments such as Forklifts, Tractor-trailers, Payloaders of various capacities. Private handling equipments like Mobile Cranes, Top Lifters, pay loaders, Forklifts, Heavy duty Tailors etc. available on hire at competitive rates.
|KANDLA PORT LOGISTICS
- Safe Navigation of vessels round-the-clock.
- Permissible draught of 12.00 mtrs. Being deepened to 14.00 mtrs. In phases.
- Ships of 240 mtrs. LOA and 65000 DWT can be accommodated presently.
- Safe protected and vast anchorage for waiting and lighterage at Outer harbour.
- 22 Lighted Navigational Buoys as per IALA system in the navigational channel with solar lights.
- Light House to aid navigation.
- Fully equipped round- the-clock Signal Station.
- Four Lighted shore Beacons.
- Three High Speed pilot Launches.
- One State-of-the-art fully computerized survey launch.
- Nine Harbour Tugs of 19 to 50 tons Bollard Pull.
- Two Mooring Tugs of 5 tons Bollard Pull.
- Six new FRP Mooring Launches
- Four General Service Launches.
- One Fire float
- One Heave-up-barge for maintenance of Navigational aids.
- Two Pilot & Oil-cum-debris recovery vessels, one at Kandla & one at Vadinar.
- Two new patrolling launches for marine surveillance by CISF
Offshore Oil Terminal - Vadinar
The Kandla Port Trust had commissioned the offshore oil terminal facilities at Vadinar in the year 1978 jointly with Indian Oil Corporation, by providing Single Buoy Mooring (SBM) system, having a capacity of 54 MMTPA, which was first of its kind in India, Further, excellent maritime infrastructure has been created for the 32 MMTPA Essar Oil Refinery at Vadinar.
Chemical and Liquid handling
- Total Storage Capacity : 21.89 Lakh KL
- Private Sector Storage Terminals: 9.81 Lakh KL
- Public Sector & Cooperative Undertaking: 12.08 Lakh KL
- Suitable for A,B,C,L, G, N,H, E,O classes of Liquid and Chemicals