|Alang located on the western coast of Gulf of Cambay, Gujarat, in western part of India. It is the largest ship-recycling yard in the world.
- Location :Latitude 21°-21’ N / Longitude 72° - 12' E
On western coast of Gulf of Cambay near Alang – Sosiya Village
50 KMs from Bhavnagar.
5.9 Miles South of Piram Lighthouse.
- Chart: Indian Naval Hydrographic Number 208 and 2054
- Tidal Data.
- MHWS 7.8m
- MLWS 1.6m
- MHWN 6.3m
- MLWN 3.0m
- MSL 4.7m
- Nearest Railway Station: Bhavnagar (50 Kms From Alang)
- Infrastructure and services
- Service Road 10 Kms
- Red Cross Hospital
- Port Authorities
- Sign Off Facilities Available
- Miscellaneous Spares available
- Fire deptt
- No. of Vessels beached till April 2008 – 4551
- LDT broken: 31.95 MT
- Private Tugs, Barges, Cranes and Launches available.